If you are looking for a Thai herbal compress massage in Brighton and Hove then look no further – Brighton Bodyworks offers a wonderful treatment to ease you into a deep state of relaxation using heat, aromatic herbs and soothing massage.
This thai massage treatment uses herbal compresses – cotton muslin balls containing a selection of traditional herbs – which have remedial properties when absorbed through the skin and inhaled as the compresses are steamed.
Ingredients of the Thai herb compresses include:
- Plai – of the ginger family, Plai is used to help relieve aches and pains. It is also a natural emollient and is used by Thai women to soften and tone their skin.
- Tumeric – Turmeric has antiseptic properties and is beneficial for those with chronic skin conditions. It is also used in treating pain and as an anti-inflammatory.
- Lemongrass – principally taken to remedy digestive problems
- Curcuma aromatica Salisb – This herb has strong antibacterial properties, and in Chinese medicine is believed to play a part in the prevention and treatment of cancer.
- Pogostemon cablin Benth – a soothing and calming herb which helps soothe dizziness and improve the respiratory system.
- Cinnamonum camphora – eases bruises, inflammation and joint pain
- Tamarind leaves – helps maintain healthy skin
- Kaffir lime – used to treat headaches and skin complaints, and in hair products to give hair more lustre and shine.Used in thai herb compresses for its soothing, invigorating and antiseptic properties.
- Galanga – a herb of the giner family which has anti-inflammatory properties and can be very claming to the disgestive system.It contains a host of antioxidants and can improve circulation.
- Derris scandens Benth – Relieves muscular pain
- Cryptoleptis buchanani Roem – a herb which can help ease joint stiffness
- Eucalyptus – aids relaxation, detoxification and helps strengthen the immue system
Thai herb compress massage at Brighton Bodyworks (Brunswick Road, Hove BN3 1DH)
1 hr treatment, £40